Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Great Moments in the Enlightenment

From the televised Republican Presidential Debate:

Mr. Huckabee: No, I did answer that, Wolf. I said I don’t know. My point is, I don’t know; I wasn’t there. But I believe whether God did it in six days or whether he did it in six days that represented periods of time, he did it, and that’s what’s important.

But, you know, if anybody wants to believe that they are the descendants of a primate, they are certainly welcome to do it. I don’t know how far they will march that back. But I believe that all of us in this room are the unique creations of a God who knows us and loves us and who created us for his own purpose.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"But I believe whether God did it in six days or whether he did it in six days that represented periods of time, he did it, and that’s what’s important."

Christ. You might as well ask him what "is" is.